Man slashes woman because he 'can't get a girlfriend'



OSAKA - Police said Friday they have arrested a 38-year-old man for allegedly slashing a woman, 30, with a bladed weapon in Higashi-Osaka on Thursday night. The woman suffered minor injuries.

According to police, Akihito Naito was not acquainted with the woman. He was quoted as saying, “I can’t get a girlfriend because women always turn me down. I thought this would make me feel better. I didn’t target any specific woman. Anyone would have been OK.”

Naito reportedly approached the woman, who was chatting with a co-worker, on his bike and cut her from behind. He then threw away his bike and ran away, but was caught by two passersby about 50 meters away. A box cutter was found nearby.

Via Japan Today

Like this post? Click here to subscribe!

0 Comments: