REVIEW: 2012 Movie



I watched this movie when I was in Kota Kinabalu with my cousins at Golden Screen Cinema, 1Borneo last week. It was directed by Roland Emmerich (The Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow). The film stars John Cusack as Jackson Curtis, a science fiction book writer who occasionally works as a limousine driver, Amanda Peet as Kate Curtis, Jackson's ex-wife and Chiwetel Ejiofor as Adrian Helmsley, scientific advisor to the President. 2012 is just another disaster film from Emmerich, it chronicles the end of human civilization as predicted by the Mayan Calendar.

The effects were amazing but the storylines are predictable, everything that happens you know will happen. This movie has scenes that made me sad, laugh and reminded me that we were all together on this world. If you are looking for a film with the world going to "BOOM!", then 2012 is the perfect getaway! XD

Score: B-


0 Comments: