Japanese Language: Class 15 - Special Lesson: Hinamatsuri and Origami


*[This is just a note for myself, on what I learn in my Japanese language class. If you wanna learn Japanese language, seriously please learn from a teacher. These notes won`t help you with anything.]

Yoooooh!!!!! lol Yesterday was the 15th class and Yanai-sensei started the lesson recapping all the previous lesson! =_=" It`s a good thing actually. After that she share with us something interesting. She told us that 3rd March is the girl`s day in Japan a.k.a Hinamatsuri.

Hinamatsuri, or the Doll Festival, or Girl`s Day is held every third March. Ornamental dolls are displayed on a platforms covered with a red carpet, representing the Emperor, Empress, attendants, and musicians in traditional court dress of the Heian period. People in this period believed the dolls possessed the power to contain bad spirits.



The customary drink for the festival is shirozake, a sake made from fermented rice, hina-arare, bite-sized crackers flavored with sugar or soy sauce, hishimochi, a diamond-shaped colored rice cake, Chirashizushi (sushi rice flavored with sugar, vinegar, topped with raw fish and a variety of ingredients) and salt-based soup called ushiojiru containing clams still in the shell are usuallu served during the festival.

After that she taught us origami! W0000000t!!!

The origami I made! ^w^ Pink!!!! OAO I don`t know what this is but I do remember Yanai-sensei metioned head and eyes. Sounds creepy to me. O.O


Origami is not something new to me. I developed an interest in origami few months ago and I can do bird, or is it swan? lol whatever.

We only learned two new vocabularies yesterday;

Depato = Department Store
Uchi = House?

End of Lesson 15

0 Comments: